IPMAT 2024 Exam Full Information You Should Know
- Posted by: mahie
- Category: IPMAT: Guide for beginner
The Integrated Program Management Aptitude Test (IPMAT) 2024 is a competitive exam conducted by the Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIM). They conduct this examination for admission to its flagship five-year Integrated Program in Management. Moreover, this program is specifically designed for students who have completed their higher secondary education and aspire to pursue a career in management. It is considered as a dual-degree program with graduation and post-graduation.
IPMAT aims to assess the student’s aptitude, logical reasoning, mathematical ability, and general awareness. It allows students to secure admission to a prestigious management institution like IIM at an early stage of their academic journey. In addition, this exam serves as a unique platform for young minds to develop their managerial skills and gain a comprehensive understanding of the business.
IPMAT Indore Exam Dates 2024
|Registration Start Date
|First week of March 2024
|Registration End Date
|Admit Card Date
|First week of May 2024
|May 23, 2024
|First week of June 2024
|PI Round Dates
|Second week of June 2024
To be eligible for the exam, candidates must fulfil the following criteria:
- Age: The candidate will be born on or after August 1, 2005, for general category candidates and on or after August 1, 2000, for SC/ST category candidates.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have passed the higher secondary examination (10+2) or equivalent with a minimum aggregate score of 60% for general category candidates and 55% for SC/ST/PwD category candidates.
- Category-wise Reservation: There are specific seat reservations for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) categories, as per government guidelines.
IPMAT Registration Process
The registration process for the IPMAT exam is conducted online. Candidates can follow these steps to complete the registration:
- Visit the official website of IIM Indore and navigate to the IPMAT 2024 registration page.
- Create an account by providing the necessary details such as name, email address, contact number, and date of birth.
- Fill in the application form with your details. Upload the required documents, such as a scanned photograph and signature, in the specified format and size. Don’t forget to recheck the information.
- Pay the application fee through the provided payment gateway. The fee structure may vary for different categories. Review and submit the application form.
- Take a printout of the filled application form for future reference.
IPMAT 2024 Syllabus
The syllabus for IPMAT Indore consists of three sections: Quantitative Ability (MCQ), Quantitative Ability (Short Answer), and Verbal Ability (MCQ). The exam tests your knowledge of mathematics, logical reasoning, and English language skills. Here is a brief overview of the topics covered in each section:
- Quantitative Ability (MCQ): This section includes 40 questions based on topics such as Number System, Algebra, Geometry, Arithmetic, Modern Maths, Data Interpretation, and Data Sufficiency.
- Quantitative Ability (Short Answer): This section includes 20 questions that require you to write short answers to mathematical problems. The topics are similar to the MCQ section, but the level of difficulty is higher.
- Verbal Ability (MCQ): This section includes 40 questions that assess your grammar, vocabulary, reading comprehension, and verbal reasoning skills. The topics include Sentence Correction, Word Usage, Para Jumble, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms, and Phrases.
The IPMAT exam follows a computer-based test (CBT) format. The detailed exam pattern is as follows:
- Duration of the exam: Two hours.
- Number of Sections: The exam consists of three sections – Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning, and Verbal Ability.
- Total Marks: The exam is generally out of 400 marks.
- Sectional Cut-Off: Candidates must score above the sectional cut-off marks in each section to qualify for the next stage of the selection process.
|Verbal Ability (MCQ)
Quantitative Ability (MCQ)
Quantitative Aptitude (Short Answers) – No negative marking
|Number of Questions
|+4 for every correct answer
-1 for every incorrect answer
|Sectional time limit
|Yes (40 minutes per section)
To prepare for the IPMAT exam effectively, candidates can follow these tips:
- Understand the Syllabus: First, thoroughly go through the IPMAT syllabus and make a study plan accordingly.
- Mock Tests: Practice regularly with online mock tests to improve your time management skills and get familiar with the exam pattern.
- Solve Previous Year Question Papers: Solving past year question papers can give you a good idea of the types of questions asked. Most importantly, it will help you identify your weak areas.
- Refer to Study Materials: Utilize quality study materials, recommended books, and online resources to strengthen your knowledge and understanding of the topics.
- Take Coaching or Join Study Groups: Joining coaching classes or study groups can provide guidance, peer learning, and support during the preparation journey.
- Stay Updated: It is essential to keep yourself updated with current affairs and the general knowledge section.
- Practice Regularly: Practice solving mathematical problems, logical reasoning puzzles, and reading comprehension passages regularly to enhance your speed and accuracy.
Prepare With TathaGat
This is the section that many students lack or fail to prepare effectively. No worries! TathaGat can help you prepare for IPMAT 2024. There are 1-year and 2-year classroom programs as well as 1-year online program available. Here are a few highlights of the IPMAT preparation with TathaGat:
- 400+ hours of Classroom Teaching with 100+ hours of revision and workshop sessions.
- 500+ online tests.
- Unlimited doubt sessions and personalized mentoring.
- Exclusive PI/WAT preparation.
- Special classes for higher mathematics.
- Free recorded classes. And much more.
To enrol in the course or for further queries, you can visit TathaGat or call us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the minimum age requirement for IPMAT?
For general category candidates, the minimum age requirement is to be born on or after August 1, 2005. For SC/ST category candidates, the minimum age requirement is to be born on or after August 1, 2000.
Q. Can I apply for IPMAT if I am in the final year of my higher secondary education?
No. Candidates should have completed their higher secondary education or equivalent to be eligible for the IPMAT exam.
Q. Is there any reservation for SC/ST candidates in IPMAT?
Yes, there are specific seat reservations for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) categories, as per government guidelines.
Q. Can I request a change in the exam centre after submitting the IPMAT application?
Generally, the conducting body does not allow changing the exam centre once the application is submitted. Candidates are advised to carefully select their preferred exam centre during the registration process.
The IPMAT 2024 exam provides an opportunity for aspiring management students to secure admission into the prestigious Integrated Program in Management at IIM. Furthermore, by understanding the exam pattern, and syllabus, and following effective preparation strategies, you can increase your chances of success. Keep in mind that, stay focused, motivated, and dedicated to achieving your goals. Good luck!